- Sugarlaws - http://www.sugarlaws.com -
Posted By katy On October 26, 2007 @ 1:09 am In appetizers,food | 6 Comments
I’m not sure you can call this bruschetta, since it doesn’t have garlic or basil, but it’s delicious. It’s more of a warm tomato salad, on top of bread slices. Very tasty, and incredibly easy to make.
8 plum tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp coarse sea salt (I used pink sea salt, but plain is fine)
Pinch of pepper
12 sourdough bread slices, 1/2″ thickness
1. Preheat broiler to 500 degrees.
2. Dice the tomatoes into small pieces.
3. In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Top bread slices with about 2 tbsp tomato mixture per slice, and place on baking tray.
5. Broil for 5 minutes, or until tops of tomatoes are slightly charred. Serve.
Article printed from Sugarlaws: http://www.sugarlaws.com
URL to article: http://www.sugarlaws.com/almost-bruschetta
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://bp0.blogger.com/_Va6wOrGplJg/RyFBGbwMEdI/AAAAAAAADD4/cwMPoGKN-Bo/s1600-h/br1.jpg
 Image: http://bp1.blogger.com/_Va6wOrGplJg/RyFBbrwMEeI/AAAAAAAADEA/6KunwwR16o8/s1600-h/IMG_1273.JPG
Copyright © 2009 Sugarlaws. All rights reserved.