- Sugarlaws - http://www.sugarlaws.com -
Posted By katy On December 10, 2007 @ 11:00 pm In Breakfast and Brunch,food | 12 Comments
Yum. So, I think I maybe used a litttttle too much broccoli, but this was still insanely good. Frittatas make a great, healthy brunch recipe, and they’re so easy to make! Ironically, the reason I haven’t made one (ever!) before this is that I wasn’t sure if my saute pan was oven-safe. Finally, I just thought to myself that I have been thinking about making frittatas for a (really) long time, and my saute pan is only about a year old, so it’s very unlikely that I had bought a non-oven-safe one. So I just stuck it in the oven and hoped for the best!
… and that’s how people accidentally set their apartments on fire. Fortunately, that’s not how this little story ended. It ended with a delicious frittata, perfectly cooked.
3 stalks broccoli, cut into florets
4 egg whites
1 tsp salt
1/2 medium white onion
2 tsp olive oil
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In a medium saucepan, steam broccoli for 4-5 minutes, until vibrant green.
3. In a medium saute pan, saute onion in olive oil and salt until translucent and soft. Add steamed broccoli to the onion, toss.
4. Lightly beat eggs and egg whites. Pour over broccoli and onion.
5. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the frittata. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until eggs are set on the bottom.
6. Move frittata to the oven, under the broiler. Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until parmesan is golden brown. Serve.
Article printed from Sugarlaws: http://www.sugarlaws.com
URL to article: http://www.sugarlaws.com/broccoli-frittata
Copyright © 2009 Sugarlaws. All rights reserved.