Entries Tagged as 'Visit www.facebook.com/SimpleSkincare to share your story on sensitive skin. For more tips and deals from Simple, join the Simple VIP community at https://www.simpleskincare.com/simplevip/'
October 28th, 2014 · 2 Comments
When autumn rolls around, there’s nothing more exciting than baking a warm dessert, and if this dessert happens to be a healthy treat for your skin, so much the better.
Of course, eating dessert isn’t as good for you as eating fresh fruit, but if you’re going to treat yourself, do it the healthy way! Apples are full of vitamin C, which is a potent defender against free radicals and pollution. Oats, like all whole grains, have anti-inflammatory properties and are much better for your skin than regular pie crust.
This recipe is the perfect example of a traditional technique that works for a busy modern schedule — all you need is some apples, oats, butter, a few pantry staples, and you have a delicious, healthy dish!
Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp
4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
2. Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
3 Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.
Tags: food · This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Simple® Skincare Program. · Visit www.facebook.com/SimpleSkincare to share your story on sensitive skin. For more tips and deals from Simple, join the Simple VIP community at https://www.simpleskincare.com/simplevip/
With natural beauty all over the runways, one of the best ways to look natural yet put together is to rock luxe eyelashes.
Lashes are one of the most important pieces of your look. Taking care of your eyelashes so that they’re long, lush and healthy will save you a ton of time and effort when you’re getting ready.
Here are step-by-step instructions to ensure you’re making the most of your gorgeous lashes!
1. Start with a good base. If lashes are the focus of your look, skin has to look perfect. The best way to achieve this isn’t by adding a ton of foundation. It’s starting with healthy skin. Use a gentle cleanser, like the Simple Skincare Moisturizing Facial Cleanser, which doesn’t have any harsh chemicals and follow with a moisturizer that has SPF to protect your skin, like the Simple Skincare Protecting Light Moisturizer with SPF 15.
2. Use a natural shadow. Just because you want va-va-voom lashes doesn’t mean you need to wear nighttime makeup during the day. Stick to your usual your daytime look, and pick an eye shadow that’s a few shades darker than your natural skin tone.
3. Coat your top and bottom eyelashes with primer and mascara. Make sure each lash is coated with mascara, even if you have to use two coats. It’s crucial to give your makeup extra surface area to stick to!
4. Dust your face with translucent powder. When your whole look is complete, dust translucent powder all over your face. This gives your makeup extra staying power, which helps it last all day and night.
When you need to remove your gorgeous lashes, remember to reach for Simple Skincare Eye Makeup Remover Pads – they’re a lifesaver when you’re ready for bed and done with your beautiful lashes!
Tags: This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Simple® Skincare Program. · Visit www.facebook.com/SimpleSkincare to share your story on sensitive skin. For more tips and deals from Simple, join the Simple VIP community at https://www.simpleskincare.com/simplevip/
October 15th, 2014 · 2 Comments
Halloween is the chance for you to be anything you want for a night, and is the perfect time to show off your glowing skin! While everyone will be putting on lots of makeup, you can stand out with a sparkly, more natural look.
With that in mind, I created this “Fairy Beauty” tutorial. I love dressing up for Halloween, and I’m always on the lookout for costumes that are festive, feminine and cute. This look is the perfect match for a radiant and fun look!
Step One: Prime your skin with Simple Skincare 24-Hour Moisturizer. Fairies need radiant skin, so this step is a must!
Step Two: Dust your cheeks with a pastel pink blush. You want a shade that will compliment your natural skin tone, but not overwhelm it — the look should be about your beauty, not makeup!
Step Three: For the eyes, first swipe a purple eye shadow over your entire lids. Then apply a shimmery shadow to the inner corners of your eyelids and finish with mascara.
Step Four: Finish the entire look with a swipe of bright pink lip gloss. Reapply as needed through Halloween!
With this tutorial, you can look gorgeous, natural and ethereal for Halloween this year! Have a blast!
Tags: beauty · This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Simple® Skincare Program. · Visit www.facebook.com/SimpleSkincare to share your story on sensitive skin. For more tips and deals from Simple, join the Simple VIP community at https://www.simpleskincare.com/simplevip/