- Sugarlaws - http://www.sugarlaws.com -
Extra Healthy Spinach and Mushrooms
Posted By katy On October 11, 2007 @ 1:42 pm In uncategorized | No Comments
I “created” this recipe last night as I was about to eat some leftover spinach and mushroom salad, and I realized that raw spinach leaves are actually kind of gross as a salad base. Baby spinach is fine, and just as healthy, but regular spinach really needs to be wilted to taste any good. So I figured that rather than add dressing, I would just throw it in my saute pan. It was about a hundred times better.
Steamed Spinach and Mushrooms
1 10 oz bag spinach
8 oz mushrooms (1 box), sliced paper thin
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup water
Coarse sea salt
Additional parmesan, to garnish
1. Wash spinach. Rub mushrooms with a damp cloth to clean, immediately before using them.
2. Pour water into the bottom of a saucepan, add spinach, mushrooms, salt and parmesan (if the spinach doesn’t fit into the pan, wait until some has wilted and put in the rest).
3. Let steam for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Remove from pan. Garnish with extra parmesan and serve.
Article printed from Sugarlaws: http://www.sugarlaws.com
URL to article: http://www.sugarlaws.com/extra-healthy-spinach-and-mushrooms
Copyright © 2009 Sugarlaws. All rights reserved.