- Sugarlaws - http://www.sugarlaws.com -
Posted By katy On October 13, 2007 @ 11:03 pm In food,salads | 2 Comments
To me, a greek salad done right is the epitome of healthy eating. And “done right” means no lettuce, no croutons. A greek salad shouldn’t be some greek-inspired toppings added to a standard salad, it should be a totally different creation.
5 medium or large plum tomatoes
1/2 small red onion
16 black olives, pitted and sliced
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese*
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
1. Peel cucumbers in alternating strips at 1/2 inch intervals, leaving about half the peel intact, like this:
2. Dice tomatoes and cucumbers into 1/2″ wedges.
3. Dice onion into 1/4″ pieces.
3. In large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion and olives. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Sprinkle feta cheese over salad, toss again lightly, and serve.
Article printed from Sugarlaws: http://www.sugarlaws.com
URL to article: http://www.sugarlaws.com/greek-salad
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://bp2.blogger.com/_Va6wOrGplJg/RxFUc2EkUiI/AAAAAAAAC4I/-e2wMawHdBA/s1600-h/IMG_0950.JPG
 Image: http://bp3.blogger.com/_Va6wOrGplJg/RxFT4GEkUhI/AAAAAAAAC4A/mlaK5zRrfKM/s1600-h/IMG_0937.JPG
 Image: http://bp3.blogger.com/_Va6wOrGplJg/RxFVEGEkUjI/AAAAAAAAC4Q/n2MwQAhT6qs/s1600-h/IMG_0952.JPG
Copyright © 2009 Sugarlaws. All rights reserved.