- Sugarlaws - http://www.sugarlaws.com -
Mini Spinach Frittatas
Posted By katy On January 18, 2008 @ 10:56 am In Breakfast and Brunch,food | 47 Comments
Last week, Kalyn posted a delicious-sounding recipe for “Egg Muffins .” Like dozens of others, I bookmarked the recipe and decided to try it. They’re essentially mini frittatas, only baked in muffin tins instead of heated on the stovetop and in the oven. Which makes them adorable. Absolutely adorable. And, frankly, I think calling them “egg muffins” is pretty cute, too. But I got on the phone with my boyfriend last night, and had the following conversation:
Katy: I made a great recipe tonight.
Chad: Really? What is it?
Katy: Egg muffins, with spinach and parmesan.
Chad: Egg muffins?
Katy: They’re like little frittatas.
Chad: That’s gross.
Katy: No, they were delicious, I swear.
So you can see why I’m renaming them. I think poor Chad had visualized something like a blueberry muffin with bits of omelette to replace the blueberries. But even if I called these “vomit tasting cockroaches,” they would still be just delicious.
Mini Spinach Frittatas
2 whole eggs
6 egg whites
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 10-ounce packages of frozen spinach (about 15 ounces total)
2 small yellow onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp coarse sea salt
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Microwave spinach for 3 minutes, or until partially thawed.
3. In a medium sized saute pan, heat olive oil, garlic and onions until fragrant and translucent.
4. Add spinach and salt and saute on medium high heat until spinach is heated through (about 5 minutes).
6. In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy and approximately doubled in size.
7. Using butter or cooking spray, grease a muffin tin generously.Â Divide spinach mixture and cheese into eight muffin molds. Fill to 3/4 full. Pour egg mixture over spinach so that each cup is nearly full.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set and slightly browned on the tops.
Makes eight mini frittatas. Only one Weight Watchers point per frittata!
Article printed from Sugarlaws: http://www.sugarlaws.com
URL to article: http://www.sugarlaws.com/mini-spinach-frittatas
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.sugarlaws.com/mini-spinach-frittatas/attachment/277
 Egg Muffins: http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/10/egg-muffins-revisited-again.html
 Image: http://www.sugarlaws.com/mini-spinach-frittatas/attachment/275
Copyright © 2009 Sugarlaws. All rights reserved.