- Sugarlaws - http://www.sugarlaws.com -
Posted By katy On October 3, 2007 @ 7:20 pm In uncategorized | 1 Comment
I actually had to make the crust twice when I tried this originally, because I didn’t read the recipe and tried to press it into the baking dish before adding the milk and eggs. Needless to say, that didn’t work very well (flour + butter = lumpy mess before you add something to bind it together). Also, to “cut in” the butter, I literally pinched off pieces of butter from a stick until it was fully added. Yum.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
3/4 cup raspberry jam
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter until the lumps are smaller than peas. Mix in the egg and milk to form a dough.
3. Coat a 9×13 inch glass baking dish with cooking spray, and press the dough into the bottom. Spread a layer of jam over the crust.
4. In another bowl, cream together the sugar and remaining butter. Beat in the egg and vanilla then stir in the coconut. Spread evenly over the layer of jam.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until top is lightly browned. Cool before cutting into squares.
Makes about 16 squares.
This recipe is adapted from a version I looked at on allrecipes.com.
Article printed from Sugarlaws: http://www.sugarlaws.com
URL to article: http://www.sugarlaws.com/raspberry-squares
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://bp2.blogger.com/_Va6wOrGplJg/RwvUpWEkTjI/AAAAAAAACuc/MXr4OAfMI8k/s1600-h/19800.jpg
Copyright © 2009 Sugarlaws. All rights reserved.