- Sugarlaws - http://www.sugarlaws.com -
Sesame Ginger Cookies
Posted By katy On December 13, 2007 @ 10:37 am In desserts,food | 23 Comments
I saw a recipe for sesame cookies in the December issue of Cooking Light, and I have been talking about it ever since. Cookies, made with sesame oil and tahini instead of butter! I wanted to make them just for the smell.
FYI, my dog Calvin liked the smell too (just look at that “who, me?” face!):
But I decided to spice them up a bit, literally. I added ginger and lemon to the wet ingredients, and replaced the salt with just the tiniest bit of soy sauce. This is definitely not your traditional Christmas cookie, but they’re delicious. Nutty and not too sweet, they’d be great after-dinner cookies with coffee or tea.
Sesame Ginger Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup tahini
1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
2 teaspoons corn syrup
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon water
1 large egg
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and baking soda, set mixture aside.
3. Place sugar, tahini, and sesame oil in a large bowl; beat until blended. Add syrup, vanilla, soy sauce, lemon juice, ginger, water and egg; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring just until combined.
4. Lightly coat hands with cooking spray. Shape dough into 20 balls (about 1 inch each). Place granulated sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll dough balls in granulated sugar; place 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Flatten balls slightly with your palm.
5. Bake at 375° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Serve.
Makes about 20 cookies.
Article printed from Sugarlaws: http://www.sugarlaws.com
URL to article: http://www.sugarlaws.com/sesame-ginger-cookies
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.sugarlaws.com/sesame-ginger-cookies/attachment/192
 Image: http://www.sugarlaws.com/sesame-ginger-cookies/attachment/191
Copyright © 2009 Sugarlaws. All rights reserved.