- Sugarlaws - http://www.sugarlaws.com -
Posted By katy On October 9, 2007 @ 8:05 pm In uncategorized | 4 Comments
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Additional white sugar and cinnamon for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix together the butter, Crisco, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, lemon juice, baking soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
3. Mix the sugar and cinnamon for the topping in a separate small bowl. Roll balls of dough in the mixture.
4. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place the balls about two inches apart. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar mixture.
4. Bake for 8 minutes. Let them cook for one minute on the baking sheet, and then transfer to tin foil to cool completely.
Adapted from a recipe at allrecipes.com.
Article printed from Sugarlaws: http://www.sugarlaws.com
URL to article: http://www.sugarlaws.com/snickerdoodles
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://bp2.blogger.com/_Va6wOrGplJg/Rw4zHmEkUOI/AAAAAAAAC1M/0Sq11wC4_X8/s1600-h/P9040020.JPG
Copyright © 2009 Sugarlaws. All rights reserved.