For my second video recreating an Oscars beauty look with COVERGIRL makeup, I picked Mila Kunis! Even with all the amazing movies this year, I was blown away by Black Swan. It was so visually stunning, gut-wrenching and tense that it basically became the focal point that this season’s Oscars revolved around for me.
So it seems fitting that in addition to Natalie Portman’s gorgeous makeup, we also spend a little bit of time on Mila Kunis’s. There were so many amazing dresses this year, but Mila’s lavender lace gown is at the top of my list. And I’m sure she’s beautiful even without makeup, but her sultry smoky eye and glowing skin were just stunning.
Smoky eyes run that fine line between dramatic and overdone, so you have be careful to make sure you’re not going too dark. Blending a black eyeliner with shades of lighter gray is key for taking this look out of the Goth zone! And, of course, a smoky eye is nothing without long, voluminous lashes.
We kept the rest of the makeup light for this look, and just went for smooth, even skin with a touch of bronze. In this video, you can even see what I look like before I put on a drop of makeup! Eek. And then we did a pink, peachy lip to soften the whole effect. I think it turned out great!
Scroll down for a list of the products I used!
- NatureLuxe Foundation: I used shade 335, which is a little darker than I used for Natalie’s look. The shades are very subtle variations, which makes it easy to match your skin tone — this blended perfectly for me. The NatureLuxe foundation is really light and natural-feeling, and when you’re going for a really dramatic, glam look, it’s the perfect place to start.
- Lip Perfection: I used the lipstick and lipliner from COVERGIRL’s lip perfection collection in ‘Feline’, and the shade is absolutely perfect! Nothing too overdone (you never want to mix a smoky eye and a dramatic lip), but this accentuated my lips in a really natural, pretty way!
- Liquiline Blast Eyeliner: I used the black shade of this eyeliner, and then softened it using the smudge stick. I loved how smoothly this could be applied — it’s really almost like using a liquid liner, but easier to clean up mistakes!
- Smoky ShadowBlast: I used this two-tone shadow in Silver Sky, to soften the look of the black eyeliner! You could also use the Onyx Smoke shade, if you wanted this look to be even more defined (I love the lighter color on the Onyx Smoke stick for lining the inner corners of my eyes).
- Simply Ageless Blush: I never thought I’d like a cream blush this much! I used Rich Cinnamon, and it blended really smoothly and evenly, and lasted a lot longer than a powder blush would!
- TRUblend Minerals Bronzer: I used this bronzer to add really lightweight coverage, and it creates this amazing shimmery effect that’s just gorgeous. I used a fan brush to apply this instead of the powder pad that comes in the package, because a little goes a long way!
- Professional Loose Powder: I finished the look with COVERGIRL’s setting powder in translucent light. Setting powder is a great way to get the most of your makeup and make sure your skin doesn’t get shiny after wearing it for a few hours!
- LashBlast Fusion: Because mascara is key for a smoky eye, I used LashBlast Fusion! Fusion means that this mascara is giving length and volume, which is exactly what I needed. I used three coats of this, and it didn’t clump at all!
Ok! Now, my most important news — stay tuned next week for a chance to win all the products I used in this look, and in my Natalie Portman look on Wednesday!