SO excited to share with you guys this new project I’ve been working on — today and Friday, I’m going to bring you two gorgeous Oscars looks, recreated with COVERGIRL products! There’s really nothing like the Oscars for hugely inspiring beauty, hair and (of course) fashion choices, and this year was no exception — there were so many stunning looks, it was really hard to pick just two!
Even before the ceremony, I was 99% sure that Natalie Portman would be one of my choices — ever since she was a teenager, she always looks completely flawless, and Sunday night was no exception! I loved the plum and violet undertones of her makeup, to match her gorgeous Rodarte gown, and I love that she kept her look simple and super-feminine.
You can see what I did to produce this look, step by step, in the video, but here’s a rundown of the products I used:
- NatureLuxe Foundation: I used shade 315, which is basically perfect for my skin tone. Natalie has that amazing pregnancy glow, so I wanted a foundation that would look light and smooth and not too makeup-y, and this was perfect. It’s really lightweight but still gives great coverage, and it has SPF 10, so it’s really perfect for everyday.
- Lip Perfection: I used the lipstick and lipliner from COVERGIRL’s lip perfection collection in ‘Delight’, and I am in love! My lips get so chapped and dull during the winter, and this is lipstick that’s actually good for you. Plus the colors were amazing — they look a little intense on the packaging, but when you put them on, they look totally natural and seriously gorgeous!
- NatureLuxe Gloss Balm: I added just a little touch of balm over the lipstick for a little bit of shine!
- Simply Ageless Primer: I started with a coat of Simply Ageless primer, which is really lightweight and helps your foundation to go on smoothly and evenly!
- Liquiline Blast Eyeliner: I lined my eyes with the violet shade of this eyeliner, and then softened them using the smudge stick that’s part of the pencil. Natalie went for a really natural eye, so I didn’t want anything too dark or harsh. Violet was surprisingly easy to wear!
- Smoky ShadowBlast: I used this two-tone shadow in Purple Plume, only the darker shade looks more like brown to me than purple (which is a good thing, because I didn’t want to go totally overboard on the purple eyes)! The lighter shade was kind of a shimmery pink, which was perfect for smudging into the inner corners of my eyelids.
- Cheekers Blush: I used this super-traditional powder blush to bring out my cheekbones, like Natalie’s. The shade is mostly pink with slight plum undertones, called Plumberry Glow — I loved it!
- Professional Loose Powder: I finished the look of with a fabulous, super lightweight setting powder. It’s hours later as I type this and my makeup is still going strong! My shade is translucent light for this one.
- LashBlast Volume: Last but not least, I used mascara for extra lash volume. As you guys will see from the video, I layer mascara like it’s my job — one coat is never enough! Fortunately, the LashBlast doesn’t get clumpy even on the second or third coast, so it worked perfectly!
Ok! So, now that you’ve read all that, I have even better news — stay tuned next week for a chance to win all the products I used in this look! And check back Friday to see me recreate another of this year’s Oscar beauties!