However, unless you have 10-20 hungry people sitting around to eat these, I would cut the recipe in half. It makes a LOT of cookies!
Oatmeal Currant Cookies
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup dried black currants
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the sugar mixture.
4. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop onto cookie sheets coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake cookies for 8 minutes until golden around the edges. Let them cool for 2 minutes, then remove from cookie sheets to cool completely.
Makes approximately three dozen cookies.If you weren’t already psyched to make this recipe, here’s what the batter looks like: