I’m not sure you can call this bruschetta, since it doesn’t have garlic or basil, but it’s delicious. It’s more of a warm tomato salad, on top of bread slices. Very tasty, and incredibly easy to make.
8 plum tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp coarse sea salt (I used pink sea salt, but plain is fine)
Pinch of pepper
12 sourdough bread slices, 1/2″ thickness
1. Preheat broiler to 500 degrees.
2. Dice the tomatoes into small pieces.
3. In a small bowl, mix tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Top bread slices with about 2 tbsp tomato mixture per slice, and place on baking tray.
5. Broil for 5 minutes, or until tops of tomatoes are slightly charred. Serve.